For those of you looking for a great Summer time soup, look no further. This Creamy Sweet Corn Soup is one of those soul warming soups that can be made in the Summer or on a crisp Fall day. Have leftover grilled corn from the BBQ? This is the perfect way to re-purpose your leftovers.
Throw on some pea tendrils or any micro greens for a bright and fresh topping. Add smoked paprika for a savory spike. If you’re bold, add some cayenne for kick.
I’m a big fan of corn during the Summer season and it’s really the only time we buy it and use it in everything.
Here are a few of my favorite corn recipes, give them a try!
Wine Pairing Recommendation: Drink with your favorite crisp Chardonnay or Chablis.
Creamy Sweet Corn Soup
Ready in under an hour. Easy to prepare and utilizing any leftover corn you have is perfect for this soup. Brighten the dish up with your favorite micro greens and spice it up with smoked paprika or cayenne for a subtle kick.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 whole Sweet Onion, chopped
- 1 whole Leek, green top cut off and discarded, white stalk cleaned and chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 3 cups Frozen Corn or Leftover Cooked Corn Kernels
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper, for seasoning
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock, (Chicken Stock works great too)
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pea Tendrils or Micro Greens of your choice, for garnish
- Smoked Paprika, sprinkled for garnish
- Step 1 In a large heavy bottom pot, add olive oil and butter to heat over medium high heat.
- Step 2 Add chopped onion and leek, saute while stirring until tender and slightly brown, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and smoked paprika, cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add in the corn and saute together for 5 minutes. Season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Step 3 Add vegetable stock and stir to combine. Turn heat down to a simmer, cook for 10 minutes. Using an immersion blender or food processor, blend until desired smooth consistency. Add in heavy cream and simmer for an additional 10 minutes to thicken.
- Step 4 Serve and garnish with pea tendrils or micro green of your choice, I like to top with extra corn kernels but it’s all based on preference. Sprinkle with smoked paprika. Enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!