Could this Spring Pea and Burrata salad scream more of fresh flavors? Look at those colors?! I love colorful food, it makes you feel like you’re doing good things for your body. And then you slap a bunch of burrata on top and call it a day. It’s all about moderation right?
This salad is super easy to throw together when these Spring days are turning into hot Summer nights. It’s versatile and fresh. So bring on the heat because I’m ready to eat more peas and definitely ready to eat more burrata.
Simple champagne vinaigrette is one of the fanciest and easiest dressings to have in your recipe arsenal. Throw in some pea tendrils and baby arugula with red and yellow cherry tomatoes and you have one beautiful salad.
This salad is impressive for a crowd or easy to throw together for two. Serve with Grilled Salmon for a whole meal and healthy meal.
Wine Recommendation: Drink with some fresh Vinho Verde, light and crisp flavors pairs beautifully.
Spring Pea and Burrata Salad
Simple flavors but impressive dish. Put this together in minutes for a fresh side dish at your next BBQ. Use pea tendrils, baby arugula, and shelled spring peas for the base of the salad and toss in a champagne vinaigrette, garnish with cherry tomatoes for bright bursts of flavor and top with burrata for a creamy finish.
- 2 tablespoons Champagne Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper, for seasoning
- 1 cup shelled fresh green peas (from about 1¼ pounds pods), or frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup Pea Tendrils, (handful)
- 2-3 packed cups Baby Arugula
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces Fresh Burrata, (usually comes in pairs of 2 balls in 8 ounces cups), tear apart into pieces to serve
- Step 1 Whisk champagne vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Gradually add oil, whisking constantly until emulsified
- Step 2 season vinaigrette with kosher salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Cook green peas in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water
- Step 4 this sets their color and halts the cooking process. Drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Step 5 Add green peas, pea tendrils, and baby arugula to bowl with vinaigrette and toss until well coated with dressing
- Step 6 season with kosher salt and pepper.
- Step 7 Arrange salad on a platter and garnish with cut cherry tomatoes and top with torn burrata. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Now get out there and enjoy that beautiful Summer weather!
Savor and Enjoy!