Grilled Street Corn is the perfect side dish for summer. There is nothing better than this cheesy, creamy, fresh treat. All summer this has been my comfort. I’m so in love with finding new ways to make street corn and it all comes out completely irresistible! But there is something to be said about the old standby.
This delicious bite is everywhere in San Francisco whether you’re in the Mission or the Marina, it’s a fan favorite for all. A couple of restaurants I love snagging this at The Front Porch, a Cajun comfort joint that’s super funky and super tasty. Ricky Bobby, a gastro-pub-bar that does everything from Heirloom Tomato Caprese to the best Pork Tenderloin Sandwich I’ve ever had. A total low key fun place that’s cranking out incredible food. Both places you need to check out if you ever get the chance.
I’ve made a very similar dish before but instead of using mayonnaise, I used red pepper jelly. My Red Pepper Jelly Street Corn is a sweet and savory rendition that will blow your mind. But let’s start with the traditional street corn.
Grilled Street Corn
- 4 whole Corn Cobs, husked
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- Smoked Paprika, for seasoning
- 1 pinch each Kosher Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Cotija Cheese or Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- Step 1 Preheat your grill to high heat.
- Step 2 Drizzle corn with olive oil and place on the preheated grill. Rotate every couple minutes until all sides are golden brown and grilled, about 15 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 3 In a bowl combine the butter, mayonnaise, and season with salt and pepper. Spread the mayo mixture all over the corn evenly. Sprinkle with cheese, smoked paprika, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Savor and Enjoy!