Grilled Corn Salad is simple and easy side recipe that has all the flavors I love. Grilled corn, sauteed onions and peppers with queso fresco cheese and lime. Fresh, delicious and the perfect side for any Summer BBQ. Grilling season is my favorite season, it means I spend more time outside enjoying amazing company and enjoying amazing food. Nothing says summer time quite like grilled corn, and I’m ready for summer salads, summer cocktails and summer fun.
I’ve made this salad two weekends in a row now because I simply can not get enough. I went on a recipe testing rampage today and this was one of the many recipes that I wrote down, measured, weighed, judged, photographed and as always, ate. Eating is the toughest part of the job, right?! You have to make sure it’s good! I’m a firm believer in quality control.
Beware, there is one ingredient in this dish that might not be the healthiest option. Mayonnaise. You heard it here first. I’m sorry, I’m not sorry, I had to do it. It needed the creamy factor and that’s the one that sufficed. With or without is great. You can choose to omit if you’re being good it doesn’t make the dish any less wonderful than it already is. I tried Greek yogurt in its place but it just wasn’t the same. I suggest trying out both and see which one suits you.
Grilled Corn Salad
- 4 whole Sweet Yellow Corn Cobs, husk removed
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole Onion, diced
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 whole Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 whole Lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 whole Green Onions, chopped
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup Queso Fresco Cheese, crumbled
- Kosher Salt and Pepper, to season
- Step 1 Preheat your grill to medium high heat or preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Grill the corn for 20 minutes while rotating every 5 minutes until golden brown. Rotate the corn every so often to cook all sides. Once the corn is done, remove and allow to cool before cutting the kernels off the cob. Set aside.
- Step 2 Meanwhile, in a large pan add the olive oil and heat over medium high heat. Add the onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeno to the pan. Season with kosher salt and pepper and saute until tender, about 8 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the lime juice and remove the pan from heat.
- Step 3 In a large bowl, toss together the corn, onion and pepper mixture, mayonnaise, green onions, cilantro and crumbled queso fresco cheese. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste. Refrigerate or serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!