This Spicy Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread is no joke. My boyfriend likes everything hot and I made the mistake of letting him go to the store for groceries. Well he came back with 12 jalapenos for this recipe and insisted upon making it with all 12. I made this cornbread with the intent to make cornbread stuffing for Thanksgiving so I put 6 jalapenos in this recipe and 6 more into the actual stuffing.
Needless to say it was hot and delicious. Perfect for jalapeno cheddar cornbread stuffing or for a bowl of chili on a cold winter day.
Spicy Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
You can also make this recipe into muffins. Just grease a muffin pan and pour batter until cups are 2/3 full. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 2 cups Yellow Corn Meal
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Milk
- 2/3 cups Vegetable Oil
- 2 whole Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 6 whole Jalapenos, seeded and diced
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Step 2 Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl combine milk, oil, eggs, cheese and jalapenos.
- Step 3 Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. Stir until just combined.
- Step 4 Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserted in the middle.
Savor and Enjoy!