Ginger Sriracha Chicken is quick, easy and has a ton of flavor. The perfect Asian inspired weeknight dinner. This is my take on sweet and spicy chicken. The Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce adds the perfect amount of sweetness and a little bit of heat. A dash of Sriracha rounds out that spice. Because let’s be honest, Sriracha is the perfect hint of spice and none of my Asian inspired meals are complete without it.
The marinade really flavors the chicken before frying it and adds a needed thick coating for the flour/cornstarch mixture to adhere to the chicken. When frying it makes it so crispy and delicious. I know what you’re thinking, “mayonnaise, really?”, and the answer is YES, MAYONNAISE. It adds the perfect amount of creamy texture without over powering the sauce. I’ve made it with coconut milk as an alternative before if you’d like a healthier substitute.
The perfect dinner for when you’re craving a little Chinese take-out. It’s always better when you make it at home yourself. I call it “take-out fake-out”. Serve with steamed rice for a complete meal.
Ginger Sriracha Chicken
- 4 whole Chicken Thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into strips
- Canola Oil, for frying
- For the Marinade
- 1/4 cup Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Ground Garlic Powder, grated
- For the Dredge
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornstarch
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper, for seasoning
- For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- Toasted Sesame Seeds, for garnish
- Cilantro Leaves, for garnish
- Lime Wedges, for garnish
- Green Onion, chopped, for garnish
- Step 1 In a medium size bowl whisk together cornstarch, mae ploy sauce, ground ginger, and ground garlic powder. Toss to coat the chicken thighs in the marinade, let sit for 15 minutes.
- Step 2 In a shallow pan whisk together flour and cornstarch. Season flour mixture with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Step 3 In a heavy bottom skillet or cast iron pan add oil a half inch up on the pan, heat oil to 350 degrees F over medium high heat. Use a candy/frying thermometer to keep an eye on the temperature so it stays at a constant 350 degrees.
- Step 4 Dredge chicken thighs in flour/cornstarch mixture until coated, shake off excess. Work in batches to fry chicken in preheated oil for 4 minutes per side, until chicken is golden brown and crispy. Remove and drain on a paper towel lined sheet pan.
- Step 5 In a bowl whisk together mayonnaise, mae ploy sauce and sriracha until smooth.
- Step 6 With a slotted spoon dip the fried chicken into the sauce and toss to coat. Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving platter. Garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro leaves, lime wedges, and green onion. Serve and enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!