Easy Breakfast Hash is a delicious one pan meal that makes for a simple quick breakfast. Minimal ingredients to make a perfect breakfast for two.
Just add a lazy Sunday morning and mimosas.
This breakfast hash has it all, crispy potatoes, salty bacon, fresh thyme, and creamy eggs. Toss in some smoky paprika and that’s all folks. Super super simple.
If you have leftover veggies from the night before, throw them in. We’ll add peppers and onions if we have them but this morning I did not and that’s what makes this so easy. Little chopping and little to worry about.
Did I mention this was a one pan meal? The key is a cast iron. I swear it makes food just taste better.
Easy Breakfast Hash
A one pan meal for an easy breakfast. Add veggies of your choice, I love red bell pepper, sweet onion, zucchini, spinach. If you want a good healthy alternative, try sweet potato.
- 2-3 slices Thick Cut Bacon, sliced into lardons
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 large Yukon Gold Potatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon Thyme, dried or fresh
- 1/4 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 4 whole Eggs
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Step 2 In a large cast iron add the bacon to the cold pan and heat over medium high heat. Once the bacon begins rendering and starts to crisp about 3-5 minutes.
- Step 3 Add the butter and the diced potatoes to the pan. Stir to combine and let cook for 5 minutes without touching. Flip potatoes over to cook evenly. Cook 5 minutes until potatoes brown on each side. The trick is to cook everything in one even layer so everything gets crispy.
- Step 4 Add thyme, paprika, kosher salt, and pepper. Stir, remove pan from heat, and create 4 shallow indentations with a spoon. Crack an egg in each indentation. Bake in the oven until whites are set, about 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!