Spicy Peanut Noodles are one of those quick fix comfort dishes during the week. A fake out take out favorite.
My favorite Spicy Peanut Noodles are from Mama Ji’s in San Francisco, I would order them almost weekly. But since Mama Ji’s is 1,000 miles away, I have to make my own. They served them cold with cucumber, carrot, and sauteed ground pork. I highly suggest trying it this way. But this dish is just as good warm, room temperature, or cold out of the fridge.
Sambal Chili Garlic paste is my favorite Asian condiment mix in. You can make this as spicy as you want or as little. Just be warned, you can always add more spice, but you can never take it out.
Add grilled chicken or ground pork. Garnish with fresh lime, shredded carrots, cucumber, chopped peanuts, and green onion.
Spicy Peanut Noodles
Use this recipe as a side for your favorite Asian inspired meals. Grilled chicken or sauteed shrimp are great proteins to make this a whole meal.
- 1 pound Spaghetti or Soba Noodles
- 1/3 cup Warm Water
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 tablespoons Sambal Chili Garlic Paste
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- Dry Roasted Peanuts, chopped for garnish
- Green Onion, chopped for garnish
- Toasted Sesame Seeds, for garnish
- Step 1 Cook spaghetti according to package, drain well and place in a serving bowl.
- Step 2 In a mixing bowl add warm water, peanut butter, soy sauce, chicken stock, chili paste, sesame oil, and garlic. Whisk together until smooth.
- Step 3 Pour sauce over hot pasta and toss to combine. Garnish with chopped peanuts, green onion, and lime wedges. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!