This Watermelon Lime Margarita is the perfect balance between the natural sweetness of the fresh blended watermelon and the tart fresh squeezed lime juice. Make this big batch fresh cocktail to keep you cool all summer long. When the temperature hits that 100 degree F mark, it’s margarita time. Fresh flavors and minimal simple ingredients. Also, just so happens to be my very first cocktail recipe on the blog.
I love a good margarita, but it has to be fresh. Fresh lime, fresh lemon, fresh orange juice. You can keep the bottled lime juice and the triple sec. Give me a Grand Marnier floater on top and I’m happy. The lime simple syrup in this cocktail makes it. It’s fresh and adds a slight sweetness that just enhances the watermelon flavor.
So when it comes to making cocktails in my house, we try to keep it fresh. I don’t love cocktails for the very reason that I think they’re often too sweet. This is a great balance between the natural sweetness of the fresh blended watermelon and the tart fresh squeezed lime juice. Add some good tequila on ice and this is my new best friend for these hot days.
This is our 3rd day in Missoula hitting 100 degrees and the forecast shows for the next week same temps. Queue Watermelon Lime Margaritas.
Watermelon Lime Margarita
We like drinks served over crushed ice but this would be a good mix blended. Cheers!
- 1 whole Medium Size Watermelon
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 whole Limes, zested and juiced
- 1 1/2 cups Silver Blanco Tequila
- Lime Wedges, for garnish
- Step 1 Cut the watermelon in half and scoop out center into a blender. Blend until smooth and pour into a bowl through a fine mesh sieve. Stir in the sieve until all the juice is strained and pulp remains. Discard pulp.
- Step 2 Bring sugar and water to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved. Turn heat off and allow to cool slightly.
- Step 3 Stir together lime juice and lime zest into the simple syrup.
- Step 4 Mix together watermelon juice, lime simple syrup, and tequila to a serving pitcher. Pour cocktail over crushed ice. Garnish with lime wedges. Serve and enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!
1 thought on “Watermelon Lime Margarita”