This Spaghettini Curry is inspired by one of my favorite restaurant dishes. I absolutely love this pasta! I created this dish after obsessing over something very similar in a restaurant. The Madras curry is very subtle but gives it just enough curry flavor to balance out the teriyaki sauce. You can make it with coconut milk instead of heavy whipping cream for a lighter creamy twist.
- 13.25 ounce package Thin Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 whole Shallot, minced
- 1 package White Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 pound Medium Raw Shrimp, peeled & deviened
- 1 cup Roasted Red Peppers, sliced
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- ½ cups Teriyaki Glaze (I used Yoshidas)
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- ¼ cups Chicken Stock
- 1 tablespoon Madras Curry Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ginger, minced
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- Step 1 Fill a large pot with water and bring water to boil. Salt it liberally. Add the spaghetti and cook according to directions on the box.
- Step 2 In a large pan heat olive oil to medium high heat. Add shallots and mushrooms and cook until soft, 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant but not brown, 1 minute. Salt and pepper shrimp and add to pan, stir around for 1 minute then add the roasted red peppers. Immediately deglaze pan by adding the white wine and cook until it’s reduced by half. Shrimp should keep cooking and turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3 In a separate bowl combine teriyaki glaze, soy sauce, chicken stock, Madras curry and minced ginger.
- Step 4 Reduce heat in pan down to medium and add the curry sauce to the pan combining all ingredients together well. Cook for another 2 minutes until slightly reduced and heated through. Add heavy whipping cream and and butter, cook until thickened, 2 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Step 5 When it’s done, drain pasta well. Combine pasta and all ingredients and toss until all pasta is coated. Serve with lots of grated Parmesan cheese.
Savor and Enjoy!