This Sous Vide Miso Soy Pork Chop is so tender and flavorful, perfect for a weeknight meal. Add cooked white rice and sauteed bok choy and snap peas for a complete, easy, and delicious meal.
I’m totally in love with my Anova Culinary Sous Vide, not only does it cook the best steaks, fish, eggs on the planet. It makes one hell of a juicy pork chop. I love being able to cook anything in a marinade, butter, olive oil. It’s poaching with flavor.
I only marinaded these pork chops for 1 hour then placed the whole bag, marinade and all in the sous vide bath. They took a swim for a hour at 140°F and since the marinade is cooked as well with the pork chops you can utilize it as a sauce. Reduced with a little butter and it’s the perfect glaze to top your chops.
Wine Pairing Recommendation: Grenache or a Cote du Rhone is delicious with this meal.
Sous Vide Miso Soy Pork Chops
This is a sous vide recipe and I highly recommend an Anova Culinary.
- 4 whole Pork Chops, bone in
- 1/3 cup Mirin Japanese Cooking Wine
- 1/3 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons White Miso Paste
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter, cubed
- Green Onion, chopped for garnish
- Sesame Seeds, for garnish
- Step 1 In 2 large gallon resealable plastic bags add 2 pork chops per bag. In a mixing bowl mix together the mirin, soy sauce, miso paste, garlic and brown sugar. Mix well until the miso and brown sugar is dissolved. Divide the marinade between the two bags and seal bags to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour or overnight.
- Step 2 Preheat your sous vide precision cooker to 140 degrees F. Allow the water bath to come up to temperature before adding the pork chops. Remove the air from the plastic bag using the water displacement method. Use a clip to secure the plastic bag. Cook for 1 hour.
- Step 3 Preheat your grill to high heat.
- Step 4 Remove pork chops from marinade and place the pork chops on a paper towel lined sheet pan. Pat dry.
- Step 5 Pour marinade in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer, cook until reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Whisk in butter and set sauce aside until ready to serve.
- Step 6 Grill pork chops about 1-2 minutes per side to sear the outside. Remove to a serving dish and spoon glaze over pork chops. Garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!