Smoked Trout Dip is the party dip that will have everyone asking for the recipe. It’s salty, smoky, briny and creamy. Everything that makes up the perfect dip.
I find smoked trout at my local butcher here in Montana, they smoke their own fresh lake trout so it’s hard for me to pass it up.
You can definitely smoke your own for this recipe if you’re not lucky enough to find it in your town. I see a lot of grocery stores now-a-days are smoking their own fresh fish to sell at their meat counter.
If all else fails, you can always use smoked salmon in this recipe too!
So easy to throw this appetizer together in a snap for any gathering. Serve with toasted slices of baguette or with buttery crackers. So delicious.
Smoked Trout Dip
- 1/2 pound Smoked Trout, skin off and crumbled into bite sized pieces
- 1 container (7.5 ounce) Chive and Onion Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Capers
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Chives
- Kosher Salt
- Step 1 In a medium size bowl combine all ingredients until smooth. Season with a pinch of kosher salt.
- Step 2 Serve with toasted crostinis or crackers. Enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!
1 thought on “Smoked Trout Dip”