This Grilled Peaches with Blueberry Syrup is a quick and easy summer dessert. This is the perfect semi-healthy dessert to make for a backyard bbq gathering.
The homemade blueberry sauce is so good, you’ll want to put it on every dessert this summer. It’s even delicious on pancakes. I substitute honey for sugar for a healthy alternative. I typically buy my honey local and today I’m using a local elder flower honey. It’s a little floral and I adore it.
When grilling peaches it doesn’t take long, about 5 minutes for them to get tender and get those savory grill marks. It also smells amazing when peaches are grilling. So gather ’round, it’s like you’re own outdoor peach candle.
Fresh flavors grilled to perfection and served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Grilled, meets melty, meets sweet and savory goodness.
Grilled Peaches with Blueberry Syrup
If you have a side burner on your grill, I would make the blueberry sauce right alongside of your grilled peaches. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- 4 whole Peaches, halved and pitted
- Vegetable Oil, for brushing
- 6 ounces Fresh Blueberries
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Step 1 Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Step 2 Brush your peach halves with vegetable oil. Grill the peaches cut side down for 5 minutes until grill marks appear. Flip the peaches and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Remove to a serving platter.
- Step 3 Meanwhile or during grilling, in a small sauce pan stir together blueberries, lemon juice, honey, butter and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer and simmer until thickened, about 5-7 minutes. Spoon sauce over top of peaches and serve. Enjoy!
Savor an Enjoy!