Easy Pickled Red Onions are the ultimate condiment. The best topping to sandwiches, grilled meats, tacos, avocado toast, and even nachos. I love the tart, tangy and savory bite they have and they’re so easy to make and so addictive!
Serve immediately or marinate in the fridge for weeks and the flavor gets more developed and deeper. If you like crunchy red onions pour the boiling liquid over the onions, if you like softer onions you can boil the onions together with the liquid then store in the fridge to marinate.
Store in an airtight container like a big mason jar and use for up to 3 weeks.
Easy Pickled Red Onions
Use a 1 quart mason jar to store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. Top on everything from tacos, sandwiches, pizza, and nachos.
- 2 whole Red Onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 cup White Wine Vinegar
- 6 tablespoons White Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 whole Bay Leaves
- Step 1 In a 1 quart mason jar add the sliced onions and crush garlic.
- Step 2 Add the red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, white sugar, kosher salt, mustard seeds and bay leaves to a saucepan, stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Step 3 Once boiling, pour the liquid over the sliced onion and garlic. Press the onions down so everything is submerged, then let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Step 4 Once cooled cover mason jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
Savor and Enjoy!
1 thought on “Easy Pickled Red Onions”