So adjusting to the Summer heat can be hard, especially if you come from a very temperate place like San Francisco. Well was I in for one heck of a climate change when I moved to Montana. It is dry, it is a lot warmer than I remember, and it is unpredictable.
Which is why I’ve been spending all my cooking energy on the grill. We grilled chicken, steaks, shrimp, fish, and now these beauties.
Korean Short Ribs are my favorite easy go to grill meal. They’re impressive, they are tasty, and they are mighty pretty to look at.
Korean Short Ribs can be found in any typical grocery store in the meat aisle, look for beef “flanken” short ribs. This is just the cut of meat. Thinner the better, look for about 1/2 inch thickness. They can marinate for a long time and can cook up quick.
This marinade is literally the easiest one in my book. Soy, brown sugar, garlic, chili paste, and sesame oil. That is it.
I love boiling this marinade down and throwing in a cornstarch slurry to thicken it up and slather more sauce on top of the ribs when they’re done. It’s all good if you properly cook down the sauce. It must be brought to a boil. Use at your own risk, but be aware that cross contamination with raw meat and liquid can result in illness especially for children or elderly.
This is what my husband calls “meat candy”.
These guys were gone in about 2 minutes flat.
Easy Korean Short Ribs
Super easy, quick cooking ribs that are tasty and impressive. I like to cook mine until edges are charred but these are very fast cooking so keep an eye on them on the grill to prevent flames. Serve with your favorite grilled veggies and white rice.
- 3/4 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 tablespoon Sambal Chili Garlic Paste
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 pounds Flanken Beef Short Ribs
- Green Onions, chopped for garnish
- Step 1 In a gallon sized Ziploc plastic bag, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, chili paste, and garlic. Add the short ribs and marinate for up to 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Turning the bag occasionally.
- Step 2 Preheat grill on high heat. Remove short ribs from marinade and grill on high about 4-5 minutes per side until edges look caramelized.
- Step 3 Garnish with chopped green onions and serve immediately.
Savor and Enjoy!
1 thought on “Easy Korean Short Ribs”
Hands down, THE best recipe I’ve ever made! This is amazing!