Cheesy Stuffed Artichokes is the elegant and simple appetizer you’re going to make for your next dinner party. Or if you’re like me, my dinner parties consist of me sitting in my pajamas devouring an entire artichoke. But either way it’s both totally acceptable.
Steaming is probably my favorite way to cook artichokes. It’s so easy and takes very little prep work. Also, the steam at the end to melt the cheese makes everything extra gooey.
To save on time and a lot of heartache while prepping these chokes, use a serrated knife and just cut the top and bottom of the artichoke. No need to fuss with cutting out all the fuzz in the center, it’s so easy to scoop out with a spoon once cooked.
This is really just a delivery for cheese and breadcrumbs so a sauce isn’t necessary, but don’t let me stop you from heating up some butter or dunking in some mayonnaise. No rules and no judgement when it comes to my cooking.
Wine Pairing Recommendation: It’s no secret that artichokes are one of the hardest foods to pair with so I try to go on the lighter side with a pinot noir or a glass of bubbles.
Cheesy Stuffed Artichokes
Easy prep and an elegant presentation for a simple appetizer for a date night in or dinner party.
- 2 whole Artichokes, tops and bottoms cut off
- Lemon Wedges
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper, for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, shredded
- 1/2 cup Fontina, shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella, shredded
- Step 1 In a large pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring water to a boil and reduce to a medium simmer. Add lemon wedges to the water and place trimmed artichokes top side down in the steamer. Drizzle artichokes with olive oil and season with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Cover and steam artichokes for 45 minutes. Remove and allow to cool while preparing breadcrumb.
- Step 2 In a pan heat butter over medium heat, add panko and stir over heat while toasting. Continuously stir until golden brown. Turn heat off and add chopped parsley. Season with a pinch of kosher salt. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Step 3 Mix together parmesan, fontina, and mozzarella. Stuff artichokes with cheese mixture in between all the leaves. Place the stuffed artichokes back in the pot right side up and cover, steam for 15 more minutes until cheese is melted. Remove to a serving platter and sprinkle with toasted panko.
- Step 4 Serve and enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!