It just so happens to be National Burger Day so this brunch burger was so necessary. A restaurant called Causwells in San Francisco makes the most epic brunch burger and I’ve been jonesing for one lately. But since Causwells is about 984 miles out of reach. I have to make my own. If you’re in San Francisco, this place is a must stop for brunch or even dinner because their Americana Burger is delicious too.
What was so special about their burger was the Causwells sauce, it was like ‘Mac’ sauce on steroids. I make mine with mayo, ketchup, dill relish and a hint of sriracha. The sriracha gives it a much needed zip. This sauce is definitely the star of the show next to the fried egg, avocado, and bacon.
I love how all the ingredients play on each other, the creamy avocado, the salty bacon and the delicious jammy fried egg. It’s heaven on a bun.
Speaking of buns, it’s brioche or bust for me and burgers. Brioche is buttery, soft and it toasts up perfectly every time. I’ve also found a brand that I simply cannot live without.
I’m a firm believer in griddled burgers over grilled burgers. I have a cast iron griddle pan that I put directly on my grill grates. It keep all the juices and flavor in your burger instead of dripping onto your grill. I highly suggest investing in one for your grill and to upgrade your chef skills.
There’s only one thing, okay maybe two things, that can be appropriately paired with this burger; crispy home fried potatoes and mimosas. Now lets get started on that brunch.
My husband takes his hand model job very seriously. That yolk
porn is the stuff of dreams.
Brunch Burger with Avocado, Bacon, and a Fried Egg
I use a griddle pan on my grill to cook this whole meal. It's easy and makes cleanup even easier. Invest in one asap.
- 1/2 pound Bacon
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 4 slices American Cheese
- 4 whole Brioche Buns
- 4 whole Eggs
- 2 whole Avocados, halved, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dill Relish
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Chives, chopped for garnish
- Step 1 Place a griddle pan on your grill and preheat it to to 450 degrees F.
- Step 2 Cook your bacon on the griddle until crispy. Remove to a paper towel lined plate.
- Step 3 Mix the ground beef, worcestershire and season with kosher salt and pepper. Form into 4 equal palm sized patties, create a divet in the middle of each patty with your thumb. Cook your patties on your griddle for 5 minutes per side. Add a slice of cheese to each patty and melt. Toast your bun halves while your cheese melts. Remove your burgers and buns from the grill to a plate. Now I like to fry my eggs right on the griddle. But I always say that eggs are cooked to your preference, so you can choose how you like your eggs cooked here.
- Step 4 For assembly add slices of avocado on the bottom bun topped with bacon, add your burger, and fried egg. Whisk together mayonnaise, ketchup, dill relish and sriracha. Spread on the top bun and garnish with chopped chives. Top the burger and enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!