Banana Oat Waffles are nutritious, simple and delicious! The perfect easy breakfast that comes together in under 20 minutes. These waffles are made with minimal ingredients, you only need bananas, eggs, oats, vanilla extract, cinnamon and baking powder. That’s all to create a delicious and healthy breakfast!
They’re seriously so good you won’t believe how good they are for you. Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside, it tastes just like banana bread, but in waffle form.
I started testing a similar recipe, but in pancake form. To be honest, I didn’t love the pancakes. The result was always too done on the outside and too gooey on the inside. So I decided that cooking the batter in a waffle iron would cook it completely through and have the outside texture I wanted. And they turned out so good!
This recipe makes 4 perfect waffles depending on how big your waffle maker is. You can double the recipe if desired.
Top these waffles with syrup, your favorite berries, sliced bananas or even peanut butter! Just don’t skimp on the syrup, there is no refined sugar in this recipe after all.
Banana Oat Waffles
- 2 whole Ripe Bananas
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Step 1 Preheat your waffle maker and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Step 2 Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Step 3 Pour batter evenly into your preheated waffle iron, about 2/3 cup. I have a setting for uniform texture on my waffle maker and I cooked it for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and crispy on the outside. Repeat until all the batter is gone, depending on the size of your waffle maker this recipe will make about 4. Serve immediately.
- Step 4 Top with syrup, your favorite berries or even peanut butter. Enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!