Turkey Mushroom Swiss Lettuce Wraps is my Summer easy meal one hit wonder! I make this all Summer long. It’s light, healthy, yet comforting and so tasty.
I easily make this dinner every other week during the Summer. If you follow my Instagram stories you know I make this A LOT and I have the whole recipe saved to a story highlight on my profile from start to finish.
Don’t think of this like your PF Changs Asian Lettuce Wraps, this is just a bunless burger, but that doesn’t sound as cool as lettuce wrapped.
You weigh in in the comments, Turkey Mushroom Swiss Lettuce Wraps vs. Turkey Mushroom Swiss Bunless Burger.
So much flavor with very little ingredients, but the most important ingredient is the lettuce wraps. I like to use live butter leaf lettuce for these. It’s hydroponically grown and it comes in the clam shell with the stem and root still on. It’s live so it’s super fresh.
I also think it has a lot of stability when eating, instead of using iceberg lettuce, that tends to break apart when you eat it creating a mess. We double wrap and make like a little lettuce bun. Butter lettuce tends to be more flavorful too, so we like it for that reason as well. It’s an odd thing to compare with lettuce, but taste matters.
These lettuce wraps are so easy, you’ll be making them in under 20 minutes. Perfect, for a quick weeknight dinner on the patio.
Wine Pairing Recommendation: It’s Summer, so I’m sipping on a glass of Rosé from Côtes de Provence, France, but a slightly chilled Pinot Noir would be amazing here too.
Turkey Mushroom Swiss Lettuce Wraps
You can find live butter lettuce in the clam shell with the stem on, typically in the produce section by the fresh herbs.
- 1 head Living Butter Lettuce, stem removed, washed and leaves separated
- 1 pound Ground Turkey
- 1 teaspoons Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 8 ounces Baby Cremini Mushrooms, stem removed, wiped clean and thinly sliced
- 1 whole Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper, for seasoning
- Chives, chopped for garnish
- Step 1 Heat olive oil in a cast iron pan or heavy bottomed skillet. In a medium sized mixing bowl add the ground turkey and season with kosher salt and pepper. Divide meat into 4 equal balls. Wet your hands when handling ground turkey, it helps with sticking. Once pan is preheated, add the turkey balls to the pan. Sear one side for 2 minutes and flip ball over with a spatula and smash into a patty with the back of your spatula. You get a nice crust this way and also don’t have to worry about forming the sticky meat into a patty. Let the spatula do it for you!
- Step 2 Cook for another 2 minutes and flip over to cook the remaining uncooked side fully. Lay a slice of swiss cheese over the top of the patty and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove patties to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Step 3 Add butter, sliced mushrooms, and onion to the pan and cook over medium high heat to sweat and caramelize veggies, about 4 minutes. Add minced garlic and Worcestershire sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Season with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Cook for another 2-4 minutes until veggies are golden brown and soft. If you’d like more caramelization cook for longer.
- Step 4 Remove mushrooms and onions to the top of cooked turkey patties.
- Step 5 Divide butter lettuce leaves up and top with patties and caramelized veggies. I like to double up the bottom “bun” and use a single leaf for the top “bun”.
- Step 6 Serve with your choice of condiment. Mayonnaise, ketchup, stone ground mustard, anything goes. Garnish with chopped chives and enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!
1 thought on “Turkey Mushroom Swiss Lettuce Wraps”
Cannot find a link to sign up for your blog