This Spinach Bacon Salad with Poached Eggs is quick, easy and full of flavor. This is my all time favorite salad to make. Salty, savory, creamy and delicious. Throw in some buttery homemade croutons and it makes this spinach bacon salad the perfect meal.
Spinach, poached eggs and bacon makes the perfect combination of flavors. The creamy egg yolk just adds another element to the dressing and the bacon adds a salty factor to the whole salad.
Make as a side salad or make as an entree. Perfect lunchtime treat that shouldn’t make you feel too guilty. I also make this as a breakfast salad as well. This Spinach Bacon Salad with Poached Eggs works for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Because you can eat bacon for every meal and get away with it!
Spinach Bacon Salad with Poached Eggs
- 4 whole Eggs
- 2 tablespoons White Vinegar
- 2 slices Bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, plus more
- 4 slices Brioche Bread, crust removed and diced
- 10 ounces Spinach, washed
- 5 ounces Curly Endive
- 2 tablespoons Red Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 2 whole Chives, chopped
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper, for seasoning
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Step 2 Bring a pot of water to a simmer, add the vinegar and salt the water. Over a slow simmer crack the eggs one by one into a small bowl and dip the lip of the bowl into the water and slowly slide the egg into the water. Nudge the white over the yolk and let poach for 3-4 minutes until white is set. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel before serving.
- Step 3 Meanwhile, in a medium pan heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add the diced bacon and cook until crispy.
- Step 4 In a medium bowl toss the diced bread in olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in a single layer on a sheet pan and toast in the oven until golden brown. Keep your eye on them it doesn’t take long, about 5-10 minutes.
- Step 5 In a bowl whisk all vinaigrette ingredients together except oil. While continuously whisking drizzle in the olive oil to create emulsion. Toss in chives, salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 6 Toss together spinach, endive, bacon and vinaigrette. Top with croutons and poached eggs. Serve and enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!