Sous Vide Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce could be one of my favorite things to make in the Summer months. The chimichurri sauce is straight out of my herb garden with very little other ingredients and the steak is so melt in your mouth tender from the sous vide method.
Sous Vide is a type of cooking method in a fixed temperature water bath that slowly cooks. Sous viding makes cuts of meat, like a flank steak cut, super tender and perfectly cooked.
I sous vide this flank steak for 7 hours then give it a quick grill for the marks and then it’s ready to devour.
I love the Anova brand for sous vide cooking, I’ve had mine for 5 years without any trouble and I love that you do everything through the app. My must have accessories for my Anova is a 12 quart container with lid and a food vacuum sealer.
Chimichurri is one of my favorite sauces to throw together. It’s a no cook sauce that just requires some chopping and mixing. You could do it all in a food processor, I just like a chunkier more rustic style chimichurri sauce for steak. Chimichurri is an Argentinian sauce made up of herbs like parsley, oregano, cilantro and green onion. It’s tossed in red wine vinegar and olive oil and typically served on top of grilled meats. I think it’s the perfect Summer condiment.
Wine Pairing Recommendation: Typically most people would drink red wine with steak, but I challenge you to try a Sauvignon Blanc with this meal and tell me you can’t drink white with red meat. It’s such a myth, you really want to pair your wine with the sauce and this chimichurri is absolutely perfect paired with Sauvignon Blanc.
Sous Vide Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
- 2 pound Flank Steak
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup firmly packed Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, trimmed of thick stems, chopped
- 2 stems Green Onion, green part chopped, white part discarded
- 1/4 cup firmly packed Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1 whole Shallot, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flake
- 1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Step 1 Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 131 degrees F.
- Step 2 Liberally season steak with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Place steak in large vacuum bag, add olive oil and seal bag. Drop sealed flank steak in the water bath. Cook for 7 hours.
- Step 3 When steak is done cooking remove steak from bag and pat dry with paper towels. Season again with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Step 4 Heat your grill on high heat.
- Step 5 While your grill is pre-heating make your sauce. Add chopped parsley, green onion, cilantro, shallot, garlic, red wine vinegar, lime juice, honey, kosher salt, black pepper, and red pepper flake to a medium sized mixing bowl, stir to combine. While stirring drizzle in olive oil until everything is coated and combined. Set aside.
- Step 6 Once your grill is screaming hot, sear the steak for 60 seconds on each side just to get good grill marks. Remove steak to a cutting board. Slice against grain and place on a serving platter. Spoon sauce over top and serve. Enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!