There is nothing I love more than coming home after a long day of work and cooking a quick and healthy meal.
Use this meal as a health conscience dinner, a perfect side dish or an elegant appetizer dish. Use any sort of veggies to stuff the zucchini with, mushrooms work perfect here. I’m in love with all these flavors so I will use them in almost all of my recipes. So much flavor and completely gluten free.
Wine Pairing Recommendation: A crisp Sauvignon Blanc is perfect for this dish.
Shrimp Stuffed Zucchini with Pesto Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 clove Garlic, grated
- 1/2 pound Large Raw Shrimp, about 12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 2 whole Zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise and seeds scraped out to create a canal for filling
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tablespoons Prepared Basil Pesto
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper, for seasoning
- Parmesan, grated for garnish
- Basil, chopped for garnish
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Step 2 In a medium pan heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add cherry tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in shrimp and cook until shrimp is partially cooked, about 1-2 minutes. Season mixture with kosher salt and ground black pepper. Remove mixture from heat.
- Step 3 Place zucchini halves in a greased baking dish. Spoon shrimp mixture in the zucchinis and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Step 4 Whisk together heavy whipping cream and pesto. Spoon over the top of the stuffed zucchinis. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted. Remove foil and back for 5 more minutes
- Step 5 Remove and garnish with basil and parmesan. Enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!