Pumpkin Spice Waffles just taste like Fall. And these are so easy to make. I cheat on my waffles and use Krusteaz Waffle Mix. So sue me, but when it comes to breakfast the easier the better. This semi-homemade doctored up batter is totally acceptable.
It’s that time of year to stock up on my pumpkin puree and that means I add it to everything. Muffins, brownies, cookies, pancake batter, waffle batter. Add in a little bit of allspice, ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg and everything will taste as good as pumpkin pie. Add chocolate chips to this batter for a sweet twist.
My favorite way to eat these wonderful waffles is with a little bit of peanut butter. I know it sounds crazy, but try it, it’s crazy good. And always serve with plenty of maple syrup.
Pumpkin Spice Waffles
The use of Krusteaz Waffle mix makes this breakfast easy and semi-homemade.
- 3 cups Krusteaz Waffle Mix
- 1 cup Cold Water
- 1 whole Egg
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- Maple Syrup, for serving
- Step 1 Lightly grease and preheat waffle iron.
- Step 2 Mix together all ingredients. Batter will be slightly lumpy. Working in batches, use a 1/2 cup to measure out each waffle and pour into preheated waffle iron.
- Step 3 Cook waffles until steaming stops or until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Repeat until all the batter is gone. Serve immediately with plenty of maple syrup.
Savor and Enjoy!
1 thought on “Pumpkin Spice Waffles”
Can you use pumpkin pie spice instead of those other spices…..all in one plus one cup of pure pumpkin pureee?