Italian Meatballs is the delicious and easy recipe to get dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. Serve on top of pasta, polenta or my personal Italian favorite in a sandwich. This 30 minute meal is easy, delicious and oh so perfect for a busy Monday such as this. During the week I always try and use up what’s left in my pantry, fridge and freezer and I want it to be quick.
These meatballs can go with anything! Cheesy polenta, pasta, mixed greens, anything.
I happened to have everything on hand for this recipe and I just had to go with it. I’m going to assume most people have these key ingredients on hand as well. I probably go to the store more than the average human being but I hate, I mean absolutely loath going to the store for one ingredient.
Which leads me to the point of having some of these key ingredients already on hand can make for the perfect meal any night of the week. Ground beef in the freezer, panko in the pantry, eggs in the fridge. Boom! You have meatballs. Add a little cheese and red sauce and you have Italian Meatballs. That simple.
Wine Pairing Recommendation: An Italian Barbera will do just nicely with this.
The cheesy goodness of these meatballs gives me so much life.
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 1 cup Italian Style Panko
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 8 ounces Low Moisture Part Skim Mozzarella, sliced and halved
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl combine ground pork, ground beef, parmesan cheese, panko, eggs, salt, pepper, tomato paste and worcestershire. Combine until everything just comes together. Don’t over mix.
- Step 2 Spray 2 sheet pans with nonstick spray. Form about 1/4 cup of meatball mixture into balls and place evenly spaced on sheet pans. Should make about 2 dozen meatballs.
- Step 3 Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and place the slices of mozzarella on top. Place back into the oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Turn the broiler on and toast the cheese slightly until bubbly and a little brown. About 2 minutes.
- Step 4 Remove meatballs and let rest for a few minutes. Garnish with extra grated parmesan cheese and parsley. Serve on top of polenta with your favorite red sauce or with pasta.
Savor and Enjoy!