This Grilled Orange Glazed Shrimp is a play on some fake-out take-out for our weekend night. We’re binging our faces off with Orange is the New Black and Chinese delivery is in short supply in Montana. So we have to make due and get creative with our favorite Chinese take-out dishes. Grilled Orange Glazed Shrimp is a much healthier alternative to Orange Chicken and it’s tastier in my opinion.
And because it is grilling season, this was just too easy to fire up the grill, skewer some shrimp, and we’re ready for dinner in less than 10 minutes. During the summer I keep a few things on hand for cooking staples, skewers seems to be a reoccurring theme. I have yet to invest in metal skewers, but wooden skewers do the trick for an easy grilled meal on the fly.
Simple 3 ingredient glaze and most of them are probably staple ingredients in your fridge. At least they are for me. But you’ll see I cook with a lot of Asian flavors. Soy, Chili Garlic Paste, and Orange Marmalade. That’s it. 3 ingredients. Can you believe it?!
Sometimes I feel like Oprah with some of these recipes; YOU GET A 3 INGREDIENT MEAL AND YOU GET A 3 INGREDIENT MEAL, EVERYONE IS GOING HOME WITH A 3 INGREDIEEEEENTTTT MEEEEAAAAAL!
I try to keep things simple in the Summer, nobody wants to spend a whole lot of time over a hot stove or hot grill when it’s 80 degrees outside. If you keep it simple with tasty ingredients, you’ll find that you’ll cook more and it won’t be such a drag every time. Did I mention this is a really easy cleanup meal too? Serve with some grilled veggies and brown rice. Easy peasy.
Wine Pairing Recommendation: National Rosé Day was this weekend and rosé always pairs with Asian food.
Grilled Orange Glazed Shrimp
What's easier than 3 ingredient glaze and grilled shrimp in the Summer? This will become a staple for those hot days when you're craving a healthier version of Orange Chicken.
- 1 pound Large Raw Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
- Wooden Skewers
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 cup Orange Marmalade
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon Sambal Chili Garlic Paste
- Green Onion, chopped for garnish
- Black Sesame Seeds, for garnish
- Step 1 Preheat your grill on medium high heat.
- Step 2 Skewer shrimp, I skewered 5 shrimp on each skewer, I also used two skewers to stabilize the shrimp making it easier to flip on the grill. Season with kosher salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Step 3 In a small saucepan combine orange marmalade, soy sauce, and chili paste. Whisk together and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Step 4 Grill shrimp 2 minutes per side, flip and brush glaze over shrimp. Remove to a serving platter and brush remaining glaze on top.
- Step 5 Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!