Banh Mi Blended Burgers are total game changers; juicy, flavorful, and are slightly healthier than your run of the mill all beef burgers. A ‘blended burger’ is made up of 25% mushrooms and 75% beef. This makes the burger not only nutritious by adding healthy nutrients including B vitamins, selenium, and potassium, but they’re also low-calorie. A blended burger is also a good way to help reduce your carbon footprint.
This burger is packed with flavor and is so tasty! My husband claimed this is the best burger he’s ever had! Which is quite the statement because my man is a self proclaimed burger connoisseur. Aside from the delicious blended umami patty. I topped this burger with quick pickled carrots and daikon, crunchy red cabbage, spicy Sriracha aioli, fresh cilantro and crisp cucumbers.
So hop on the blended band wagon and start cooking your burgers blended with mushrooms. Trust me, even mushroom haters will love these burgers!
Banh Mi Blended Burger
- 12 ounces Ground Beef
- 4 ounces Cremini Mushrooms, finely chopped in a food processor
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flake
- 6 slices Havarti Cheese
- 6 whole Burger Buns, split and toasted
- 2 whole Carrots, peeled into ribbons
- 1 whole Daikon Radish, peeled into ribbons
- 1/4 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- Red Cabbage, shredded for topping
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced for topping
- Cilantro Leaves, for topping
- Step 1 In a medium pan add 2 tablespoons olive oil and heat over medium heat, add chopped mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 2 minutes until mushrooms begins to sweat and soften. Turn heat off and add soy sauce to pan, stir to combine and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Step 2 In a mixing bowl add the ground beef, kosher salt and red pepper flake. Once the mushrooms have cooled add the mushroom mixture to the bowl and mix with a spatula until just combined. Form burger mixture into 6 even balls.
- Step 3 Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a cast iron skillet to medium high heat. Work in batches, 3 at a time, add the burger balls to the oil evenly spaced apart. Let one side of the ball brown about 1-2 minutes then use a spatula to flip the burger and smash into a patty. Allow patty to cook 2 more minutes on one side and flip to cook for another minute on the other. Add a slice of cheese to each top. Remove cooked patties to a sheet pan to rest while you repeat the steps with remaining patties.
- Step 4 Place carrot and daikon radish ribbons in a bowl. In a desperate bowl whisk together rice wine vinegar, kosher salt, sugar and sesame oil. Pour over carrot and daikon and toss to coat.
- Step 5 Whisk together mayonnaise, sriracha and lime juice in a bowl.
- Step 6 For assembly: Spread sriracha mayonnaise on the bottom bun top with shredded red cabbage, add burger patty, sliced cucumber on top of the patty, layer dressed carrots and daikon on top of the cucumber, top with cilantro leaves and the top burger bun. Repeat with all burger assembly and serve. Enjoy!
Savor and Enjoy!