This was a late night dinner I created after a friend of mine gave me some of his homemade apricot jam. Very easy, healthy and satisfying when you’re craving take out but like me crave this kind of food when it’s too late to order take out.
This sauce would work with grilled pork chops or chicken. You can always substitute your favorite jams in this recipe for some variety.
Apricot Soy Glazed Tilapia with Zucchini White Rice
- 4 whole Fillets Tilapia
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper, for seasoning
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Apricot Jam
- 2 tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 pinch Red Pepper Flake
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole Small Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 whole Small Zucchini, diced
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 2 cups Water
- Step 1 Season your tilapia filets with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour and pat excess off. The flour just helps to give the fish a nice brown crust. Heat olive oil in a nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add tilapia and cook 2 minutes per side. Use a wide spatula to flip, be sure not to break apart the fish. Each side should be slightly brown. Remove fish to an oven proof dish. Place in a warm oven, about 200 degrees F.
- Step 2 In a medium size bowl combine remaining ingredients jam through cornstarch. Whisk together to combine the cornstarch.
- Step 3 In the same pan you cooked the fish in add the sauce ingredients over medium heat. Stir until the sauce has thickened. Season with salt.
- Step 4 Remove tilapia from oven and spoon sauce over the fish to glaze. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
- Step 5 Meanwhile, in a medium pot. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and zucchini. Cook for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant. Add rice and stir to toast slightly, 1 minute. Add the water and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 minutes until rice is cooked and tender.
Savor and Enjoy!