Oh my word. I just winged it on this recipe and it turned out to be a huge hit!
My goal was to make homemade sweet potato tater tots. Fortunately, these turned into something even more delicious. I served my Pomegranate Pork Chops on along side these cakes and it was perfection.
A little labor-intensive, but easily could be done the day before or even freeze the cakes for later use.
Rosemary Sweet Tater Cakes
- 2 whole Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 sprigs Rosemary, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 whole Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 cups Panko, plus more if needed
- Olive Oil, for drizzling
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper, for seasoning
- Step 1 Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Grease 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Step 2 Boil potatoes, rosemary and garlic together in salted water until tender. Drain and mash together all ingredients. Let cool for 15 minutes. Add eggs, flour, cheese, and a 1/2 cup of panko to potatoes. Combine until just mixed together.
- Step 3 In a shallow bowl or dish add the panko. One by one, just like cookie dough we’re going to drop spoonfuls of the potato mixture into the panko. Roll in the panko until coated and pat into round disks. Place on the greased baking pan.
- Step 4 Drizzle potato cakes with olive oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Halfway through baking time flip the cakes with a spatula. Remove and serve.
Savor and Enjoy!