This dish is perfect for any week night meal.
Instead of chicken this would be a perfect recipe for pork chops or a nice big juicy steak. The big flavors in this dish will stand up to any protein. No matter how or what you make with this recipe it will not disappoint.
Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Mushroom Sauce
Serve on top of mashed potatoes or cheesy risotto.
- 4 whole Legs
- 4 whole Thighs
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 whole Onion, diced
- 1 package Sliced Mushrooms
- 4 cloves Garlic, grated
- 1/3 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper, for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons Cold Butter
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Step 2 In a large skillet add the butter and olive oil over medium high heat. Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place chicken skin side down in the skillet. Cook until skin is crisp and golden brown, 2 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a foil lined sheet pan, place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes until juices run clear and an instant read thermometer inserted in the meatiest part comes to 160 degrees F. Tent with tin foil until ready to serve.
- Step 3 While chicken is cooking, add onion to the same pan you cooked the chicken in and sweat over medium high heat. Cook for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook until brown, 2 more minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the wine and deglaze the pan. Reduce the wine by half. Add the balsamic and chicken stock, cook until reduced by half and thickened. Turn off heat and stir in cold butter until melted in and the sauce looks shiny. Serve the sauce on top of the chicken and serve.
Savor and Enjoy!