Happy first day of Fall! This is by far my favorite season, even if the weather here in California doesn’t match my true Alaskan fall spirit of hunkering down and baking some yummy treats. C’est la vie.
I guess I’ll bring the fall spirit to my home. So without further ado I present to you my Pumpkin Cake. Absolutely delicious and perfect for the long months ahead of us. This is a basic cake recipe that I use as my usual stand by. I make this cake with banana, nutella, apples, pumpkin, basically any add in you’d enjoy works here.
Make this for any fall occasion this year and enjoy the pumpkin chocolate goodness that encompasses this treat.
Bonus: It makes your house smell amazing. Forget the pumpkin flavored candles this fall and just make this cake.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake with Maple Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup, plus more for taste
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar, more or less for consistency
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8×8 square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Step 2 In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Step 3 In your stand mixer whip together granulated sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree. Slowly start to incorporate the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Step 4 Pour batter into your prepared baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove and cool cake on a wire rack.
- Step 5 In a small saucepan combine butter, cream, brown sugar and maple syrup. Bring to a slight simmer until sugar is melted. Don’t boil the milk. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. I like to do this in my stand mixer as well.
- Step 6 Whip the vanilla and powdered sugar into your mixture until you reach a smooth and slightly thick consistency. At this point taste and decide whether or not you want more maple syrup and just whip more in. Also if you want a thicker glaze add more powdered sugar.
- Step 7 When cake is cooled spoon glaze over the cake and serve. Store in an airtight container.
Savor and Enjoy!